Instructors may request additional application software to be installed on our lab and classroom computers to be used in support of teaching.
- Installation requests must be received at least 8 weeks prior to the time you need the software.
- Please review the current application suite for Windows or Macintosh before making your request. Also see the Software at Penn State page and Downloads Information Technology for lists of applications available students and employees for free or low cost.
- Technical problems may prevent us from being able to comply with your request.
There are two general types of applications that may be requested.
- Beneficial to many students in different curricula.
- Installed on all computers in all labs and classrooms.
- Purchased and supported by LAT.
- Usually a permanent addition to the software suite.
- Needed to teach your class.
- Installed in specific classrooms or in a limited number of labs (if freeware or unlimited site license, may be installed in all locations).
- Purchased by the departement and supported by the requesting instructor.
- Request must be renewed each semester.
- For courseware, see the Installation of Instructional Software page.
- Review the current application suite for Windows or Macintosh.
- Complete a request form for each application:
- General software request form for all platforms
- Courseware software request form for all platforms (If unsure choose this)
Last Updated June 12, 2017