Last Updated May 27, 2015
OS X Secure LDAP Authorization - Frequently Asked Questions
- What's the OS X LDAP authorization security issue?
Recently it was discovered that sometime during the releases of OS X 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion) the OS was attempting to do an authenticated bind to LDAP during the user login process. The logged in user's userid and password were sent in the clear over the network during the bind attempt. This did not occur under Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
Last Updated December 2, 2014
Last Updated August 1, 2013
Last Updated May 5, 2013
- Release Date: 9/21/2012.
- Blast Image Config v3.0b12:
Last Updated September 21, 2012
- Release Date: 8/16/2012.
Last Updated August 20, 2012
- Release Date: 5/29/2012.
- FIX: More robust code that fixes an issue where an error was reported when attempting to determine if the firmware security was already enabled or not. Note that this may have only affected newer Intel Macs that require the previous firmware password when changing the firmware security password.
Last Updated August 16, 2012
These instructions apply to Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or higher. These instructions are largely based on the asr 'man' pages.
Last Updated November 18, 2011
Below are the software tools which allow you to mount either your Penn State Access Account Storage Space (PASS) or the CLC managed U-Drive network storage.
- To connect to the UDrive, you must be running Mac OS X 10.6 or higher as of August 22, 2011.
- You must use a VPN client to connect to PASS or UDrive when using a third-party Internet Service Provider (ISP) or when using a Penn State campus wireless connection.
Last Updated August 18, 2017
- Release Date: 07/19/2011.
Last Updated July 19, 2011