SysMan offers training seminars to IT staff that are interested in using IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager (TEM) in their environment. Currently, we offer an introductory course for new users of TEM, and intermediate/advanced training course for users that have completed the introductory course. We offer training events if you're interested in implementing IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager in your area.
For a list of scheduled training dates, please visit the SysMan service page.
SysMan Boot Camp
SysMan Boot Camp is an introductory course that all IT staff that plan to use Tivoli Endpoint Manager must attend. The training provides broad overview of Penn State's implementation of Tivoli Endpoint Manager.
- Create and configure your Systems Management administrative account
- Learn about the architecture, features, and security of the Systems Management @ Penn State service
- Understand how to navigate the Tivoli Endpoint Manager console by walking through basic tasks such as patching, software deployment, inventory, and applying power management settings
- Learn how to apply power management settings within your area to effectively reduce energy consumption
- Gain knowledge of the reporting features built into Tivoli Endpoint Manager
Creating Custom Content
This is an intermediate training session for IT Administrators currently using Tivoli Endpoint Manager in their environment. The session will introduce knowledge, tools, and techniques for creating custom Fixlets, Tasks, and Analyses in BigFix using both relevance language and ActionScript.
- Learn fundamental concepts of Relevance Language and ActionScript, including syntax, capabilities, and limitations
- Learn how to use the Fixlet Debugger for testing and debugging Relevance and ActionScript
- Understand how Relevance is used in Fixlets, Tasks, and Analyses and identify key uses of these components.
- Obtain expert tips and best practices for creating content in Tivoli Endpoint manager
Have a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page. Questions may also be sent to SysMan [at] psu [dot] edu.
Last Updated July 27, 2011
- Learning Spaces
- Media Commons
- Educational Gaming
- Disk Space
- Assistive Technology
- University Services
- Secure Server